Working as part of the Design Team, develop designs for fabricated products, from a variety of data sources. Working closely with all functions within the business, developing and preparing CAD models, engineering drawings and production specifications to ensure that customer’s technical requirements are met.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Interpretation of specifications, customer standards to define fabricated assemblies.
- Produce 3D Models using Autodesk Inventor or relevant CAD software
- Work within the confines of Autodesk Vault
- Produce General Arrangement and Detailed Fabrication Drawings using AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor, in line with customer requirements
- Preparation of high-quality drawings and models suitable for use in a highly audited market sector
- Create detailed Bills of Materials / Parts Lists to be used for Procurement / Fabrication purposes
- Ability to understand and interrogate detailed Engineering Drawings and Specifications
- Resolve queries that arise during the Design and Fabrication process
- Ability to organise 3D Model and Drawing structures for a major contract
- Competent in communicating at all levels within the business and with the client
- Able to perform site surveys both in the UK and Internationally
- Creation of dxf’s and templates to support manufacturing team.
- Familiarity with processes involved in the manufacture of Stainless Steel Fabrications beneficial
- Proven experience producing 3D Models, GA and Detailed drawings
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor / Vault preferred
- Experience of using AutoCAD preferred
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently when necessary
- Strong IT literacy for all Microsoft Office products
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven Engineering skills and knowledge
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HNC/ONC level or qualified by experience