Lead and monitor Lean Manufacturing process improvements, driving change and productivity. Develop manufacturing processes and systems including cost reduction activities, analysis and measurement of the effectiveness of business processes.
Responsible for the delivery of Kaizen events, formal structured training and on the job coaching, co-oordinating with the Operations Manager to ensure productivity tragets are achieved within challanging timescales.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Oversee, initiate, drive and monitor Lean Manufacturing process improvements into the Business Unit, ensuring all activities are adding value to the business
- Report progress to Senior team
- Formalise and coordinate improvement processes across the business
- Central point of contact in BU with respect of lean issues, becoming involved with both internal and external, individuals, bodies and organisations
- Oversee, initiate, drive and monitor Lean Manufacturing process improvements into the BU
- Facilitate Business Unit Kaizen events and lead training events in Lean tools, e.g. 5S and TPM, supporting the cultural changes which will come about through this process
- Promote Continuous Improvement techniques throughout the business, ensuring implementation is fast and efficient, expediting delivery of business results
- Provide high level technical and operational recommendations in meeting productivity, material control, product quality, and customer service goals.
- Facilitate BU Kaizen events and lead training events in Lean tools eg 5S and TPM
- Previous Lean/CI experience essential, preferably gained from a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Six Sigma methodology and practices advantageous
- Continuous improvement
- Proven experience of driving change and change management
- Strong statistical analysis skills, and ability to accurately present statistical information
- Excellent IT literacy skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Ability to confidently engage individuals and Groups and to deliver presentations where necessary
- Strong influencing skills
- A drive to succeed against demanding targets
- HNC/Degree qualified preferred
- Professional LEAN training qualifications preferred