This role will involve the design and development of Thermal Insulation & Aerospace structural products.
It involves producing 3D CAD models, Engineering drawings and technical presentations.
You will be required to conduct thermal analysis and calculations, working closely with the R&D and Fire Test departments to develop and verify technical solutions.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have worked within a similar role for a minimum of three years and be educated to a minimum of degree level in a suitable technical subject.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Design & Develop new and current thermal Insulation products.
- Design & Develop new and current aerospace structural components.
- Produce 3D CAD models with Catia V5
- Produce 2D Drawings with Catia V5
- Prepare packaging and feasibility studies
- Management of Design
- Participate in both internal and external meetings
- Quote process support
- Working closely with R&D to develop new technical solutions.
- Proven industry experience working in a similar design role
- Working in aerospace structures and/or thermal engineering is desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3D CAD exerience (CATIA V5) is essential
- Excellent problem solving skills
- FEA experience is desirable
- Good IT literacy with MS Office skills (Excel and Project) is essential
- Able to work individually or as part of a team to tight deadlines and targets
- Educated to / or working to a degree level in a suitable technical subject (e.g. Mechanical Engineering)