Main point of contact for day to day co-ordination of all aspects relating to the management of the facility, including heating, security, cleaning and building and equipment maintenance. Ensure facilities are functioning correctly by completing necessary inspection. Hire and oversee outside contractors i.e. electricians, groundsmen etc.
Facilitate and management of major infrastructure (CAPEX) projects within agreed timescales, budget and health and safety requirements
The successful applicant will manage tactical actions and strategic direction of the entire Gloucester facility, ensuring smooth running for the operations, sales and engineering functions to work.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Management of repair and maintenance requests from the shop team using Workmate system
- Reporting on tickets raised and turn around times to closure
- Work closely with purchasing team to develop a robust and cost effective Contactor network to support smooth operation of the facility
- Non conformace investigation, route cause analysis and reporting
- Monitor change in regulatory and customer specifications ensuring process owners implement change when required
- Maintain a good working relationship with our regulators and customers ensuring any actions are responded to in a timely manner
- Develops and maintains documented procedures which not only adhere to the regulatory / international standard requirements but promote continuous improvement and cost reduction in our business processes
- Provides and co ordinates training were necessary for all employees in aspects of procedural training, audit training, use of corrective action database, tools and techniques for quality improvement
- Completion and approval of method statements and risk assessments
- Management of recycling services
- Heating Control – Responsible for overseeing, controlling and costing of the heating system across the site.
- Heating Maintenance – responsible for issuing and recording breakdowns and planned maintenance call outs.
- Security Management/CCTV – Responsible for monitoring and reporting as required
- Security and Fire Alarms – Co-ordinate requirements across the site.
- Waste Disposal and recycling Management – Management and review of waste disposal.
- Contractor Control – ensuring contractors on site have correct “Permits to Work and are following site HSE requirements
- Site Cleaning Services – Office and Window Cleaning Quarterly Review.
- Pest Control – Negotiate contract pricing.
- Grass cutting and Gardening – raising purchase orders and booking in.
- Arrange all statutory inspections, preventive maintenance service, repairs, improvement works and checks for the site
- Active within the improvement team to reduce energy and waste costs, co-ordinating the team’s activities and reporting progress.
- Previous experience in a similar Facility / maintenance supervisory role ideally 3 years in an engineering environment
- Competent project management skills
- Experience of delivering measurable productivity improvements and savings in a maintenance and facility environment
- Proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement
- Knowledge ISO 14001 / ISO 50001/ ISO 45001 would be advantageous
- Supervisory experience preferably in facilities / maintenance role
- Auditing skills
- Project management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT literacy, familiarity Microsoft programmes including Microsoft Project, and other project based software
- Able to work as part of a team to tight deadlines and targets
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engineering Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, or relevant Engineering discipline preferred, or qualified by experience
- Technical qualification in Facilities / Maintenance management (or equivalent) preferred