An opportunity has become available for an Accountant to join the Finance team at Stillington. Supporting the finance and payroll processes, internal and external compliance and tax requirements as well as providing operational support to the Project Division Business Unit.
The position will offer the opportunity to develop with involvement in business unit reporting, supporting forecasting and budgeting as well as opportunity to help improve processes and controls. Specific responsibilties for processes would included VAT, CIS Tax, Duty, Fixed Assets, Leases, AP/AR Master controls as well as wider compliance controls monitoring and reporting.
We are looking for someone with long term aspirations to develop and progress in their career as part of our succession planning. We also require someone to be recently Chartered Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or close to completing this qualification.
Key duties and responsibilities
· Producing VAT, CIS Tax and Duty returns and associated reporting, auditing underlying transactions and reconciliations in line with our UK tax controls.
· Support Month end accounts including balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, journal postings, data compilation and analysis
· Support Internal and External Audit including implementing and enhancing controls for SOX, UK GAAP and Tax Compliance. Working to enhance current controls.
· Assist Business Units with Costings, Forecasts and Budgeting and other reporting requirements
· Manage Fixed Assets, Capex Processing and compliance to policy as well as reconciliations
· Manage Lease information and month end reporting
· Maintain Customer Master Files including credit approvals to strict internal controls
· Maintain Supplier Master Files and new supplier requests to strict internal controls
· Any other similar duties, as deemed appropriate in line with the scope, spirit and purpose of the role
· Previous experience at a similar level of accounting role
· Good understanding of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet Reporting
· Previous experience gained in a manufacturing/engineering/construction environment advantageous
· Previous experience working in an international business would be desirable
· Proven experience of working within a team and improving processes and best practice
· Experience working in a business with strict internal controls
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to work under time constraints and deadlines, prioritising own workload
· Strong attention to detail and analytical ability
· Impartiality & Integrity key, with an ability to manage confidential data
· Excellent Communication skills
· IT literate, with experience of ERP systems
· Advanced MS Excel skills desirable
· Chartered Qualified or in final stages of a chartered accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)