The Maintenance Operative will be responsible for the routine maintainence and repair of electrical equipment and appliances on site. Multi-skilled (electrically bias) member of staff at advanced level.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Perform frequency-based Preventative Maintenance plans to site standards across all areas of the site and rectify any issues found.
- Diagnose breakdown causes and repair.
- General Electrical Installations of all new Plant/ Equipment working up to 450v and be involved in or familiar with any project plans for the installation of new equipment.
- Modify and improve equipment, Plant and Processes electrically.
- Understanding electrical diagrams and work to them.
- Suggest improvements to Plant and Equipment to enhance safety and efficiency.
- Isolating all electrical equipment to make safe for maintenance purposes when necessary.
- Repair & up keep of all tools and electrical hand-held equipment. Grinders etc.
- Repair & up keep of all tooling and jigs used in the manufacturing process.
- Upkeep of Preventative Maintenance System (Workmate) which records all aspects of maintenance control and breakdowns.
- Working with Supervisor and team leaders with equipment information and manual operation.
- Liaise and organise the use of contractors on-site when required, utilising permit to work systems.
- Any other tasks as required/necessary commensurate with the role.
- Time served Multi skilled maintenance technician with electrical bias
- Several years’ experience
- Experience of wiring and assembling of electrical equipment
- Experience of mechanical fitting & machine repair
- Experience of working within a busy manufacturing environment advantageous
- Flexible approach with effective team working skills
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Ability to plan and manage own workload, whilst advising and guiding others in the
- Be able to think and react to immediate problems and issues without losing sight of or compromising long term goals
- Problem solving
- Continuous improvement of process’, systems, and personal core skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- NVQ/Apprenticeship in Electrical discipline minimum requirement
- 18th Edition in Electrical Installations
- Mechanical/ Pneumatic qualifications/courses
- Mechanical/Hydraulic qualifications/courses
- Driving Licence
- MEWP Categories 3A (IPAF) certification
- Forklift operator certification