Manages the sales activity for the Business Unit. Building relationships with new prospective customers whilst maintaining and developing existing accounts. Whilst directly reporting to the Business Unit Manager in their designated Business Unit, the Sales Manager will also support the overall company sales team and strategic direction.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Execute on the assigned growth plan to assure that the business meets its new business expansion targets, orders and cash targets.
- Responsible for ensuring new business meets the growth and profitability targets expected by the Business Unit, including accountability for the BU P&L performance of accounts.
- Set and maintain, with the support of the wider Sales Team, pricing strategies to all customers to ensure profitability.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate goals of the Business Unit, and overall business.
- Prepare comprehensive bid packages, including financial models for internal review and the subsequent customer proposal co-ordinating activities with supporting functions as required.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules and discount rates
- Direct training and performance evaluations to develop and control sales within the Business Unit
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives and account managers
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Coordinate liaison between sales within the Business Unit and other sales related units
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly sales reports showing volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Direct product research and development, working closely with Design Engineers and Business Unit Directors
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition
- Any other similar requirements/duties as required
- Proven sales background at a Management/Senior level
- Previously handled multiple accounts of high value
- Detailed understanding of sales forecasting
- Strong IT literacy and familiarity Microsoft Office packages essential
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to exceed targets
- Ability to work closely with internal teams as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Driving licence and ability to travel
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Educated to degree level preferred, or qualified by aerospace or manufacturing sales experience