As an experienced Quality professional, you will work closely with the on-site functions to ensure that the Hinkley Point C project quality is delivered consistently and safely.
Summary of key duties & responsibilities
- Take lead along with supervisors for general priorities through manufacturing schedules/plans/new inspection requirements.
- Take lead with current inspection team ensuring they are focused on priorities for the day/week
- Take lead with 3rd party/client Inspectors, providing support where necessary
- Point of contact for inspectors, to raise concerns/issues and action accordingly
- Participate in project quality related meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the Quality Manager and Quality Engineer with the role out of Quality initiatives.
- Liaise with Quality Engineers where necessary, including key specification/procedural requirements
- Provide inductions/training to new inspectors
- Provide tool box talks to Inspection/shopfloor personnel where necessary
- Promote Nuclear Safety Culture
- Previous experience within a similar QA/QC role
- Competent with managing timescales
- Knowledge of ISO9001 Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of Welding and Fabrication processes preffered
- Experience of stakeholder engagement
- Experience of prioritising and multi-tasking in a pressurised environment
- Background in RCCA (8D / 5W) desirable although training will be given.
Skills & Attributes
- Good organisational skills and competent analytical techniques.
- Shall have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within manufacturing environment
- Must be self-motivated, and capable of working within a group or individually.
- Must be able to report at all levels within the business.
- Capable of working to agreed schedules and timescales.
- Promote a safe working environment.
- Have a flexible approach to workload.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good IT literacy, familiar with Microsoft programmes such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.