An opportunity has arisen within the DTF business unit for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the NPI team. The Manufacturing Engineer will plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes to ensure the smooth introduction of new products. The role comprises working closely with NPI Project Engineer, Design Engineers and Production ensuring all NPI Quality, Cost & Delivery targets are met.
Summary of key duties & responsibilities
- Design new systems, equipment and processes for the introduction of new products or the improvement of existing ones
- Work with other engineers, such as Design & Production Manufacturing Engineers, to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result
- Examine, tender for and install new equipment, making sure you get the highest quality at the best price
- Liaise with suppliers and customers
- Improve current operations wherever possible
- Liaise with research and development staff to ensure the company is at the forefront of ground-breaking research
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
- Delivery of an NPI fabrication product.
- Working in an Aerospace / Automotive fabrication environment.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, standards and specifications
Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of a range of engineering functions and procedures
- A practical and logical approach to problem solving
- Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Teamworking and people management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and take on new challenges
- Organisation and time management skills
- Project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Commercial awareness
- An awareness of health and safety issues
- Compentency with Microsoft office package (Excel, Word etc.)
- Familiarity with CAD software (Solidworks, Catia)
- Engineering Degree or Technical HNC/ONC qualified + Experience