Responsible for quality, delivery, productivity improvements and health and safety within the Insulation Business Unit. The successful candidate will be leading a team of managers, production control and manufacturing staff to ensure 100% on time delivery alongside ensuring health and safety standards are maintained as a prioirty. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the successful candidate will ensure stability and control through management of KPI’s and scheduled reviews alongside reporting monthly on progress against the budget with mitigation and course correction for any areas off plan. The ability to accurately forecast operational performance and interogate business data and make pragmatic decisions is a key aspect to the role.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Define, implement & review appropriate operating procedures and principles across the business to maximise efficiency, product quality and on time delivery.
- Develop and implement a cost-effective and appropriate operating environment; maximising the use of lean manufacturing principles.
- Create a value-adding regime of key performance indicators for the Business Unit to drive high quality products delivered on time.
- Ensure direct reports’ objectives and priorities are aligned with the company’s vision.
- Develop the appropriate structure to achieve objectives within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Maintain a culture of teamwork, resilience and high performance to maximise employee potential.
- Development of a culture of continuous improvement
- Management of the production facility and a team of direct and indirect employees.
- Liaise with Production Management to review and identify inefficiencies and improve processes.
- Manage and mentor effective productivity activities within the business unit that deliver a progressive and structured return in Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Translate production plans and customer requirements into an effective and efficient capacity plan, focussing on pull based principles.
- Support the Business Unit Manager by preparing, revising and submitting monthly reports, departmental budgets and forecasting.
- Close liaison with Central technical services department to ensure that a full program of internal audits is carried out within the Business Unit for all customer and regulatory approvals and ensure any corrective actions are effective and followed up promptly.
- Close liaison with other managers and Team Leaders to ensure that training reflects Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental requirements & supports customers, national & international law.
- Support and deputise in times of absence for the Business Unit Manager.
- Demonstrable experience in an operational leadership position
- Track record of successful complex operational management in medium volume, high complexity environments
- Solid Manufacturing/Engineering knowledge teamed with industry and operational knowledge
- Leadership and people management experience
- Proven experience in building and maintaining customer relationships – customer focussed
- Experience of leading productivity and lean initiatives with sustained quantifiable results
- Highly developed leadership, negotiation & influencing skills with the ability to motivate & engage
- Ability to communicate directly to individuals at all levels and to set out a clear direction
- Able to demonstrate manufacturing efficiency and capacity utilisation improvements
- A proactive approach to promoting Health and Safety in the working environment
- A bias for action with the drive and determination to ensure 100% OTD and quality
- A deadline oriented approach with the ability to prioritise and delegate as necessary
- Excellent decision making ability with sound reasoning
- Degree/HNC in Engineering desirable or qualified by experience
- Professional management qualification preferable