Working with engineering drawings to plan, position and prepare for welding a variety of specialist steels. Responsible for achieveing appropriate quality standards in a safe manner within prodution timescales.
You must be willing to undertake short duration business travel to other locations to meet customer requirements on time and within budget (potentially working at either Stillington or Middlesbrough site as required).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Read and interpret engineering drawings or product specifications including the understanding welding signs and symbols
- Plating & Fabricating ferrous/non ferrous steels
- Read and interpret drawings or product specifications/travellers to determine build sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling and installing sheet metal products.
- Layout and mark dimensions and reference information on material.
- Develop and trace patterns of parts, develop/manufacture and use templates in line with customer requirements
- Set up and operate fabricating machines such as guillotines, rolls, break press, plasma cutters and bevellers
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces.
- Prepare/process materials prior to assembly
- Repair and maintain sheet metal products
- Check products for compliance with specifications and quality requirements. Repair/rework as required.
- Reinstate the work area following engineering activities
- Undertake site work as and when required.
- Assemble and tack product as per customer requirements.
- Dress, deburr and surface finish product to specified quality standards using abrasive wheels tools.
- Ability to read and interpret fabrication/engineering drawing
- Be skilled with various plating & fabrication techniques
- Demonstrate the safe use of associated equipment including abrasive wheels, grinders etc.
- Experience of working with specialist steels
- Experience of working in a fabrication environment
- Experience of Lifting and slinging operations/manual handling techniques
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a safe manner with minimal supervision
- Time served/4 year apprenticeship in Fabrication/Plating
- City & Guilds Parts 1, 2 & 3 preferred or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 in Fabrication/Plating