The SIOP Planner role covers from customer demand via portal or data inputs to laying out a production plan for the operations team to execute. The role includes interacion with customers and suppliers to ensure we hit customer deliverables and internal business metrics.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Create daily and weekly plans specifically for certain key areas of the Factory, to ensure the timely flow of required parts in the cells, so the finished part output plans can be met on time, in full.
- Create the weekly shipment plans for key Distribution partners, ensuring their orders are shipped on time, in full, where possible.
- Raise work orders on a daily and weekly basis as required, to support the master production schedule and ensure kits are completed and issued to plan.
- Provide prioritisation of requirements through Goods-In and Stores when required.
- Expedite part supply to meet plan, where required.
- Maintain and update the shipment schedule provided to Customer Services.
- Support the implementation continuous improvement and lean initiatives such as lineside inventory availability, Kanban etc.
- Develop and line of balances and communicate as required
- Supporting the MRP process aligning requirements with customer demand.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks that may be periodically requested.
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Good analytical skills and data analysis skills.
- Commercially aware used to dealing with suppliers
- Computer literate proficient in Microsoft Office, through understanding of Company ERP system.
- Good inter personnel skills.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 A Levels (A-C)
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration
- Manufacturing planning background