Primary role will be to identify and support resolution of quality issues throughout the business, which have an effect on Product Quality. Ensuring development of policies, procedures and methods to evaluate and improve the quality of products, materials, components or operations. Ensure customer and regulatory requirements are understood and maintained and to foster a culture of continuous improvement. Establish and implement quality standards for life cycle, documentation, development methods, testing and maintenance. The successful candidate will be required to attend other company and customer sites, or attend residential training courses, as required.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work safe manner and support others to do the same
- Actively participate in improving product quality within Production.
- Facilitate and participate in problem resolution investigations using tools such as 8D, Ishikawa, 5 Whys etc.
- Undertake and participate in audits (internal, customer and 3rd party) covering all aspects of the Business.
- Support Production during daily stand ups and being a focal point for quality aspects and concerns.
- Carry out First Article Inspections for part and tools
- Support New Product Introduction and Advance Product Quality Planning
- Support Engineering and operations in product quality improvements, focusing on ‘right first time’ and rework reduction. Also
- Provide support in the development of process documentation and to sign off on behalf of the Quality function with clear understanding of an engineering drawing
- Execute and generate Quality reports and documentation related to but not limited to – Concessions/Production Permits, First Article Inspection Reports, Repair Surveys, NCR’s, Rejection Notes, Test Approvals, Calibration, Technical specifications, Quality/Inspection Plans, Weld/NDT techniques, DIG Ops, SOPs etc.
- Monitor change in customer specifications ensuring process owners implement change when required
- Execute measurement and compile reports using metrology equipment including CMM, 3D Scanner, Faro Arm, calipers, height gauges etc.
- Assist in the preparation of FMEA, PPAP and APQP documentation in accordance with customer and regulatory standards.
- Once trained act as an approved signatory Certificates of Conformity and Contract review.
- Collation and presentation of statistics and KPI’s, to the Quality Manager for management purposes.
- Any other similar requirements/duties as requested
Skills & behaviors:
- Understanding of AS9100, ISO9001, AS9102, and AS13000.
- Champion Quality and Health and Safety throughout the business
- Self-motivated with an ability to manage priorities and work to time bound goals.
- Be able to work within a team and lead as required in order to achieve objectives and shared goals.
- Able to read Engineering drawings
- Foster and develop good working relationships within and outside the department and business.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the business.
- Be comfortable to host customer and regulatory source inspectors where required
- Must have sound integrity pertaining to procedural and airworthiness compliance.
- Have an innovative approach in developing solutions and deploying improvements.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Be a “Process Thinker” with a “Positive Attitude” and attention to detail.
- Competent in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel and be able to interrogate data for trends.
- Previous experience in a similar quality role
- Competent with managing timescales
- Engineering Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, or relevant Engineering discipline preferred, or qualified by experience
- Technical HNC/ONC
- Six Sigma Green Belt