Overall responsibility for the quality and quality systems within the business unit. Responsible for the maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with regulatory, customer and company requirements. The role has responsibility for all aspects of in-house quality as well as the day-to-day direction of activities necessary for an effective Quality Operation.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Act as the liaison with external customers on all matters relating to quality
- Develop and maintain documented procedures which adhere to the appropriate regulatory / international standard and customer requirements, whilst promoting continuous improvement and cost reduction in our business processes.
- Communicate to Senior Management on the performance and measurement of the QMS system and Business Unit Quality KPI’s.
- Work closely with the estimating team at all stages to ensure conformance to customer requirements for all aspects of quality.
- Ensure that inspection resource is available to drive conformance to customer requirements, working closely with the appropriate project team
- Embed a proactive Quality approach supporting the manufacturing teams to ensure product quality is built into the manufacturing process.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability and safety
- Facilitate teams to ensure continuous improvement within the Quality system to reduce costs associated with quality
- Complete quality system audits both internally and at supplier premises to ensure both compliance to system requirements and to identify area’s for improvement and cost reduction
- Provide and co ordinate training where necessary for all employees within the Business Unit in aspects of quality assurance eg, procedural training, audit training, use of corrective action database, tools and techniques for quality improvement
- Ensure effective RCCA when issues arise.
- Provide support to all functional areas of the business unit
- Take an active role within the management team
- This job description will continue to evolve to meet the changing needs of the business
- Fully conversant in ISO 9001, EN 9100 standard requirements
- Proven experience in a quality management role, preferably gained within an aerospace environment
- Good organisational skills and competent analytical techniques.
- An excellent communicator capable of working at all levels both within and external to the company
- PC Literate – Word/Access/Excel/Avante/Project and Visio
- Must be self-motivated and capable of motivating a team
- Must be able to report at all levels within the business.
- Capable of working to agreed schedules and timescales.
- Promote a safe working environment.
- Have a flexible approach to workload.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline preferred / Educated to HND level (Quality/Technical discipline) or relevant industry experience