This role will involve the design, development and testing of R&D Projects.
It includes the investigation of technology trends, competitor analysis, physical testing and writing technical documents and reports.
The successful candidate will have worked within a similar role for a minimum of three years and be educated to a minimum of degree level in a suitable technical subject.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop and project manage technology road maps
- Conduct research and preliminary patent searches on potential new materials, technologies and manufacturing processes.
- Prepare R&D project proposals
- Develop proposals along with internal / external resources and organisation
- Manage small R&D project teams allocated to focus projects
- Build & manage relations with external R&D and acedemic organisations
- Generate test plans, reports and conduct laboratory scale tests for validating new products and materials
- Hands on manufacturing and testing of R&D concepts
- Proven industry experience working in a similar R&D role
- Working in a Material Science discipline and / or thermal engineering is desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exellent problem solving skills
- 3D CAD exerience (CATIA V5 or SolidWorks) is desirable
- Good IT literacy with MS Office skills (Excel and Project)
- Able to work individually or as part of a team to tight deadlines and targets
- Educated to degree level in a suitable technical subject (e.g. Mechanical Engineering)