Semi skilled operative considered by the company to have capability to carry our all production requirements on specified production area. Manufactures quality products in line with company and customer requirements, performs a wide variety of general manual labour tasks, following agreed protocol and procedures, within agreed timescales, covering a wide range of Darchem products.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Select gauge and type of sheet metal such as stainless steel, mild steel, aluminium, titanium or non-metallic material such as fibrous insulation according to product specifications.
- Layout and mark dimensions and reference on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials.
- Shape metal material using jigs and fixtures.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces.
- Weld, solder, bolt, rivet, screw, clip or bond component parts to assemble products
- Repair and maintain sheet metal products
- Inspect products for compliance with specifications and quality requirements.
- Reinstate the work area following engineering activities
- Perform activities to standard operating procedures, product specific
- Any other similar duties as required
- Experienced operator of Treaple guillotine, folders and hand jennys, as well as pedestal drills
- Experienced hand tool operator, including tinsnips, nibblers, hand shears, grinders/cutters, linishers and hand drills
- Knowledge of riveting and welding
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to carry out tasks within given tolerances
- Keen attention to detail
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Semi skilled operatives may require specialist training or qualifications, and are qualified to do the job due to their experience. In some cases product specific training will be provided.