The Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC) is responsible for managing all of the Temporary Works associated with Darchem’s scope of work for the designated construction project. The TWC will have broad knowledge of construction techniques with high technical expertise in Temporary Works Construction Methods. Specifically, they must have a good working knowledge of BS 5975: 2019. They will have solid experience in the role on a variety of Major Projects.
The Temporary Works Coordinator is responsible for all of the Temporary Works under their control on site as specified in BS 5975:2019. The TWC will be Darchem’s Subject matter expert leading on site TW in a client facing capacity, along with an interface with Stillington Design management. The TWC will lead and demonstrate the highest principals of Nuclear Safety.
The TWC will be required to: –
- Fulfil the TWC requirements in line with BS 5975:2019
- Update, manage, and administer the Temporary Works Register
- Complete all required design briefs for all Temporary Works designs needed to execute the subcontract works
- Understand and categorise all required Temporary Works designs
- Manage, approve, and distribute all Temporary Works Reports for all Temporary Works designs
- Implement TFCR’s where required
- Assist the Temporary Works team with compliance of Principal Contractor Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM) duties.
- Mentor and develop the team of TWS’s as required.
- Attend and contribute to team, project, client and third party meetings as required
- Provide advice to Project and Construction teams on Temporary Works matters
- Proactively identify potential Temporary Works issues before they arrive on site to enable mitigating actions
- Bring to the attention of the relevant TWC any items found to require design resolution
- Ensure design decisions are not taken “in the field”, but are considered and approved via a formal process.
- Ensure the execution of Works are in accordance with approved risk assessments, method statements, design and specification
- Ensure that as required each package has an approved Temporary Works design in place prior to Works commencement and ensure that Contractors are complying with such designs
- A minimum of 5 Years’ experience in Engineering, working on site as a Temporary Works Coordinator.
- The Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Temporary Works Coordinator
- IOSH, NEBOSH, SMSTS or equivalent