Candidates will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of experience in using TIG procesess on a variety of materials including Carbon and Stainless Steel. Knowledge and experience in welding Duplex and Titanium would be advantageous.
You must be willing to undertake short duration business travel to other locations to meet customer requirements on time and within budget (potentially working at either Stillington or Middlesbrough site as required).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Weld a wide range of components using TIG Welding using a variety of materials and thicknesses including Carbon steel and Stainless Steel.
- Weld a range of material thicknesses ranging from 0.5mm to 25mm gauge for Marine, Oil & Gas and nuclear applications
- Read and interpret WPS’ weld maps and welding procedures to determine sequence and method of welding.
- Undertake Welder Qualifications in accordance with EN 9606-1 and ASME IX (Depending on project requirements).
- To read and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to work to required standards with minimal supervision.
- Ability to carry out self-inspection of own welding activities within defined parameters/requirements before submitting work to final Inspection for compliance with customer/industry/regulatory specifications and quality requirements.
- Undertake good housekeeping to reinstate the work area following engineering activities
- Work safely ensuring work areas are free from hazards and equipment is visually inspected before use
- Carry out installation work of products at customer locations when required to meet customer delivery deadlines on time and within budget.
- Undertake other associated welding and manufacturing operations as required including, grinding, guillotining, deburring, linishing, etc.
- Experience of welding carbon from 3mm to 25mm in thickness
- Experience of welding stainless steel from 0.5mm to 25mm an advantage
- Knowledge of mechanised and automated welding advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, WPS’ and weld documentation
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies
- Health and safety awareness, knowledge of work at heights and confined space working an advantage
- Time served/4 year apprenticeship in Fabrication and Welding
- City & Guilds parts 1, 2 & 3 preferred or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 in Welding