Semi skilled operative considered by the company to have the capability to carry out all production requirements in specified production areas. Operators should require minimal supervision input to complete tasks. Manufactures quality products in line with company and customer requirements, following agreed protocol and procedures, within agreed timescales. Work from process sheets or written/verbal instructions given by supervisor.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintains a safe working environment and adheres to HSE policies and procedures
- Adherence to all relevant quality and internal procedures
- Select gauge and type of sheet metal such as stainless steel, and titanium or non-metallic material such as fibrous insulation according to product specifications.
- Layout and mark dimensions and reference on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines such as fly press operations, corrugating and dimpling.
- Shape metal material using jigs and fixtures.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces.
- Weld, component parts to assemble products
- Repair and maintain sheet metal products
- Inspect products for compliance with specifications and quality requirements.
- Reinstate the work area following engineering activities
- Understand shop floor documentation
- Stamp Documentation to indicate the completion of tasks
- Participate in lean activities and Kaizen events as and when required
- Any other similar requirements as requested
- Experience of using metal forming equipment
- Experienced hand tool operator, including tinsnips, nibblers, hand shears, grinders/cutters, linishers and hand drills
- Knowledge of riveting and welding
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use measuring equipment
- Keen attention to detail
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a high standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Any metallic training required will be given using a “Buddy” system spending time with a competent Operator that will train new employees with the skills required.
Know someone from outside of Darchem who fits the bill? Please ask them to get in touch as external applications welcome!